Items We are Watching in 2021
The year 2020 has presented many challenges and changes that we were not expecting. A few items we are watching that effect many of our clients:
- Land Values: Low interest rates, commodity prices, high government payments and low supply of land made land sales this fall very strong. Sustained earning power in 2021 will help this momentum.
- Weather events: Weather turned from ideal to tumultuous quickly in 2020. Will La Nina lead to below average crops in South America and the United States in 2021?
- Impact of new administration on regulations and taxes: If part of the proposed tax regulations are passed, it will create changes in estate planning and real estate portfolios.
- Transition Planning: Most of the assets in America are owned by people aged 60 and older. Will the events of 2020 change their attitude towards transitioning?
- Covid-19: The efficacy of the vaccine both from an implementation and acceptance standpoint is key to get the public comfortable with travel and public gatherings.